Do you want to know how to send confirmation emails to users in WordPress?
A confirmation email is a significant part of any business or website’s email marketing strategy. It’s beneficial both for you and your website visitor or customer.
Confirmation emails are useful from the user perspective as they –
- Include significant information regarding the task a user has performed on your website,
- Give further directions to the user, and
- Confirms that the action performed by the user is successful.
Apart from the above, sending confirmation emails is a good practice as they can help you in –
- Increasing click-through rate,
- Improve your email sending reputation,
- Upselling your services and products, and
- Boosting email open rates.
Therefore, in this article, I will show you how to send WordPress confirmation emails to your site visitors and customers after form submission.
What is a Confirmation Email?
A confirmation email is a transactional email sent right after a user performs an action on your website.
Specific user action such as contact form submission, order confirmation, or newsletter subscription automatically triggers confirmation emails.
Confirmation emails are also known as autoresponder email, triggered email, and automatic emails.
Now that we know what are confirmation emails, let’s check out how to set up and send confirmation emails in WordPress on the form submit.
How to Send Confirmation Emails With Formidable Forms in WordPress?
Formidable Forms is one of the most powerful WordPress contact form builder plugins that allow you to set up email automation easily.
Follow the steps to set up a WordPress form and confirmation email on your WordPress website using Formidable Forms.
1. Install and Activate The Formidable Forms Plugin
The first step is to install and activate the Formidable Forms WordPress Plugin.
Recommended Read – If you don’t know how to do that, you can follow our guide on how to install a WordPress plugin.
2. Create a WordPress Form
Next step is to create a WordPress form that includes a name and an email address field.
Go to Dashboard > Formidable > Forms > Add New.
You can create anything from a simple form to a complex form including payment forms, subscription forms, poll and survey forms, etc.
Custom confirmation emails can be set for any form regardless of its type and size.
3. Configure Confirmation Email Settings
a. Open Form Settings –
You can access form settings by navigating to Dashboard > Formidable Forms > Forms.
Click on the “Settings” of the form you need to set up confirmation emails for.
b. Select Actions and Notifications Tab –
You will be redirected to the form settings where you need to select “Actions and Notifications” tab from the left panel.
c. Select Form Action –
Next, you need to choose the form action according to your needs.
It allows you to set confirmation emails for –
- WordPress related form actions like send email, create post, user registration, etc.
- eCommerce and PayPal,
- Email marketing services, including GetResponse, Aweber, MailChimp, etc. and
- CRMs like Salesforce, and HubSpot.
For a simple form, you need to select “Send Email”.
d. Email Notification Settings –
Scroll down to the “Email Notification” settings and fill the required details.
How to Check if Formidable Emails are Configured Correctly?
Here are few ways to check if your confirmation emails with Formidable forms are configured correctly –
- The email address in the FROM field must match the domain of your website.
- The email addresses of the TO field and FROM field must be different.
- The email addresses of the REPLY-TO field and TO field must be different.
- Make sure you use CC and BCC fields for additional recipients.
- Formidable forms offer spam filtering for multiple recipients. You can use SendInBlue for spam filtering of larger lists (More than 50 recipients).
- Try to include less number of links in emails to avoid spam filters.
Final Note – Sending Email Autoresponders in WordPress
I hope the above steps will help you to send confirmation emails to users in WordPress.
Important Tip – After configuring confirmation email in WordPress, make sure they are working properly.
Other Interesting Reads –