Though it is said that one should install lesser number of WordPress plugins in a website.
But the question is –
- Why should we install less plugins in WordPress website?
- What basic plugins should a newbie blogger or startup websites should install?
Specially when there are over 50,000 WordPress plugins available in the market doing different jobs!
Well, that’s what I am going to cover in this article.
This post is all about the basic and must-have plugins every newbie blogger, new websites owner, or a startup business should install in their website.
I have categorized the list of free, best, basic, must have,
So, explore the best WordPress plugins for new websites –
Best SEO WordPress Plugins
It doesn’t matter in which niche your website falls in!
The best SEO WordPress plugin is the basic necessity of each and every website on the internet.
1. Yoast – Best SEO Plugin for WordPress
Yoast SEO WordPress Plugin makes your WordPress website as SEO-friendly as possible.
This is the plugin that I am currently using in TheMaverickSpirit.
Key Features –
- Change site’s homepage title and meta description.
- Change title and meta description of each post, page and pages created from custom-post types.
- Add title and meta description for taxonomies (Categories, tags and custom taxonomies)
- Add meta data for Google’s knowledge graph (Ex. Company info, logo etc).
- Google search result snippet previews.
- Focus Keyphrase/Keyword Analysis.
- Meta Robots & Breadcrumb configuration.
- Generate XML Sitemaps with configuration options for images, taxonomies, post types etc.
- RSS Feed configuration.
- Connect Google Search Console with Yoast.
- Tell search engines about social accounts of the website.
- Import settings from other SEO Plugins.
- Webmaster verification for following search engines –
Yoast SEO is free and can be downloaded from WordPress Plugin Directory.
Yoast SEO plugin also offers a premium version with some advanced features like –
- redirect manager,
- content insights,
- internal linking suggestions,
- focus keyword export
- 1 year free support.
All of the above features costs you $89/year.
Best BackUp & Restore WordPress Plugin
Backups are important, aren’t they?
Losing your website after investing so much time and efforts are like
Therefore, taking regular backups of your WordPress website is one of the most basic and significant task you should do.
WordPress has some awesome Best Backup & Restore WordPress Plugins.
2. UpdraftPlus – Most Trusted WordPress Backup Plugin
UpdraftPlus is used to take backups of WordPress files, databases, plugins, and themes from WordPress dashboard.
Once again, it is yest another plugin in use by this site.
Key Features –
Freeversion of UpdraftPlus backs up to the cloud directly on Dropbox, Google Drive, Amazon S3, UpdraftVault, Rackspace Cloud, FTP, DreamObjects, OpenstackSwift, and email.
- The Paid version of UpdraftPlus backs up to services like Microsoft OneDrive, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Storage, Backblaze B2, SFTP, SCP, and WebDAV.
- Automatic backup scheduling.
- Multi-network and Multisite support.
- Backs up
- Supports WP-CLI
- Also backs up non-WordPress files.
- Comes with website migrator.
Free version of UpdraftPlus can be downloaded from the WordPress repository.
Paid version starts with $70/year for 2 websites.
Top Security Plugins for WordPress
WordPress attracts hackers and attackers because of its popularity.
3. Sucuri – Complete Website Security and Monitoring WordPress Plugin
Sucuri Security WordPress plugin secures and protects WordPress website from hacking, data stealing, and server hijacking by blocking malware attacks.
As mentioned earlier, in our December Monthly Reports!
I have started using Sucuri that is helping my website to block WordPress attacks and spam comments.
Key Features –
- Protects from hacks and DDoS attacks.
- Create logs of all activities like logins, failed login attempts etc.
- File integrity by checking any changes to the files.
- Removes malware (in case of any) using Sucuri’s scanner and SiteCheck.
- Removes vulnerabilities like displaying WordPress version etc.
- Removes website from blacklist search engine.
- Takes post-hack security actions.
Sucuri offers a free version of the plugin which can be downloaded from WordPress.org.
On the other hand, Sucuri paid plan starts from $199.99/year.
Best Contact Form WordPress Plugins
Contact form plays an important role in establishing a communication channel between you and your audience.
That’s the reason why it is considered as one of the most basic
But how to add contact forms in a website?
By using WordPress Contact Form Plugin.
Here is the best and most trusted Contact Form Plugin for WordPress websites available in the market.
4. WPForms – Best WordPress Contact Form Plugin
WPForms is a drag and drop WordPress form builder to create basic and advance forms within minutes.
You can read more about it in detail here – WPForms Review.
Key Features –
- Drag and drop contact form builder.
- Pre-built contact form templates
- Multi-page forms
- Smart conditional logic.
- Spam protection
- File Uploads
- Entry Management
- Form Pages
- Survey & Poll Forms
- Email Marketing integration with –
- Constant Contact
- Payment integration with PayPal and Stripe.
- Zapier integration
- Signatures for contracts, service agreements etc.
You can download and install the free version of WPForms from the WordPress directory.
WPForms paid pricing plan starts from $79/year for 1 website.
Top Caching WordPress Plugin
Caching is important for any website regardless of its niche in order to maintain its speed and performance.
And this caching WordPress plugins available in the market is really doing its job well.
5. WPRocket – Best Caching Plugin for WordPress
WPRocket is a caching plugin that optimize WordPress website for speed and performance.
- Page-level caching
- Cache Preloading
- Sitemap Preloading (Automatic detection of Yoast SEO, All In One SEO & Jetpack sitemaps)
- GZIP compression, expire headers, etags etc.
- Browser caching (Images, CSS, JS etc.)
- Database optimization
- Google fonts optimization
- Remove Query Strings from Static Resources (improves GTmetrix grade)
- Lazyload for images
- File minification (CSS, JS) and concatenation
- Defer JS loading
- Cloudflare compatibility
- CDN (such as MaxCDN)
- DNS Prefetching
- Mobile Detection
- Multisite Compatibility (subdirectory, subdomain, domain)
- Ecommerce friendly (Automatically excludes cart and checkout pages from caching. Supports WooCommerce, Easy Digital Download, JigoShop, iThemes Exchange or WP-Shop)
- Multilingual Compatibility (Supports WPML, PolyLang, qTranslate)
- Connected Users (can access all the features in single click)
- Developer friendly (Advanced customizations can be easily made)
WP Rocket paid pricing plan starts from $49/year for 1 site license.
If you have just started building a website or a blog!
- Then, above mentioned must-have WordPress plugins will fulfill all your basic requirements very well!
There are more plugins in each category I have mentioned above.
- But, I have featured only the best and most popular and trusted WordPress plugins used by many of the successful bloggers and marketers.
If you think any other plugins can beat the afermentioned list of best plugins! Let me know.
Also, share your good and bad experiences or issues with all the featured must have WordPress plugins for business websites in 2019 in the comment below.