I have seen many people struggling to get a pop-up sign form for their website..
..as they are being suggested for some paid options like premium plugins, services, even asked to pay for a custom design!!
Well, none of them I say is wrong,
- Premium pop up plugins or services come with good handling options.
- Moreover, many enhancements supporting social media and email subscriptions..
..have been added up to paid versions.
But, I would like to introduce –
How you can add a pop-up signup form to your website for FREE!!
You heard me right if you have gone through my previous post stating Why I use MailChimp for my email marketing campaigns? You might agree with me here!
So without wasting much time let’s get started in bringing your popup subscription box/form LIVE!!
Follow the steps to set up your MailChimp popup and how you can add it to your website –
1. Login or Signup –
- Login to your MailChimp account if you still don’t have it..
..Signup now as it is all Free up to 2,000 subscribers!
2. Create a Subscriber List –
Once you have logged in to your account.
- Go to List tab located on the header menu and Create a new subscriber list.
3. Select Subscriber Popup –
- From the drop down button present at the end of the list..
..Select Signup Form.
Then, click Subscriber pop-up.
4. Design Your Subscriber Popup Form –
Now, from the Editing pane go to Design tab and select your preferred design.
In my case, I have chosen the one..
..which has an image on the left-hand side of the form.
5. Set the Fields –
From the Fields section,
- Choose the fields you want your subscribers to fill in.
- Here I have selected First name, Last name, and Email address.
You can adjust the order of the fields,
- Just by dragging them to the right place.
Mark, you chosen fields as required,
- Which have to be filled by the user. The good thing which helps for email personalization.
6. Set desired Font family & Color –
Under the design tab,
- From Form, labels select the desired font family and text color.
- You can change the hover color for your Subscribe button too.
7. Make your popup stand out –
Make sure you set the overlay color to make your popup signup form stand out from your website content.
According to me, you should Set Overlay to – 90%.
8. Update Settings –
Under the settings tab, you can select –
- the Pop-up Delay from immediately to 1s, 2s and so on.
- Set the popup width in pixels.
9. Get the Signup Code –
Once you are happy with your popup subscription form –
- Click View Code button.
- Copy-paste the code in –
header.php OR embed it as function and place it in functions.php file of your WordPress theme.
10. Save and Publish the subscription form –
Save the designed form by –
- click SAVE button present on header.
Finally, click PUBLISH button present in the footer.
Tadaaa… It’s all done now. Head over to your website and check it out!!
Point to remember, though –
MailChimp signup popup form is coded to –
- Not display the form again if a user has already subscribed or clicked the Close button.
- The cookie restricts the popup to show again!
So if you want to check out whether it’s working fine on your website?
Try clearing out your browser cookies. 😉
The subscription popup works absolutely fine. Hope this article helped you to setup your popup sign-up form.
Drop a comment if you were able to get it done successfully. 🙂
Meanwhile, peep through our famous and most popular post – Cheap Email Marketing Services with Free Trials!!