It would be really sad if you will loose all your website data build up with lots of hard work in a fraction of seconds!
Cyber attacks, hacking, server outages, and self-mistakes like updating files and multimedia could lead to deletion or overwrite of files.
How to protect your website data? Well, that’s what I am going to share with you!
Today, I am going to cover my views on the two most used and trusted best premium WordPress backup plugins –
Skip everything and secure your WordPress website using –
As there are tons of WordPress backup and restore plugin available in the market. Being a developer I counted on these two plugins to secure my website.
Why so? To know this you need to read my extreme comparison of both the plugins along with their pros and cons.
1. UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin –
Being the world’s most trusted and best Backup WordPress plugin UpdraftPlus is what I use for my website too. Things that made me trust the service are its amazing features and tools when compared to other WordPress backup plugins and services!
UpdraftPlus has got easy to use interface where you can schedule your backup depending on hours, days, weeks, monthly or annually.
Backup all your – WordPress files, databases, plugins, and themes and restores them directly from your WordPress control panel.
Here, I will recommend you to opt for the premium version as it offers some outstanding services like cloning your WordPress website and migrating to a new domain directly.
Most interesting part is if ever you forget to schedule your backup! UpdraftPlus automatically take backup for you before any theme or plugin update.
- A wide range of storage options to store your Backup files – Dropbox, Google Drive, Amazon S3, Rackspace, OpenStack, Google cloud storage, Microsoft Azure Blob, FTP, SFTP, OneDrive and much more.
- Free expert support services via Ticket and Web Forum – for one year.
- Free updates on Add-ons for one year.
- 1Gb subscription to UpdraftVault – Remote storage of UpdraftPlus.
- 40% discount after one year for premium users – Renew or Update the service.
- Network and Multisite support.
- Ability to backup encrypted databases.
UpdraftPlus premium pricing varies according to 3 Licenses – Personal (up to 2 sites) for $70, Business (up to 10 sites) for $95 and Developer (unlimited sites) for $145.
2. BackupBuddy WP Backup Plugin –
BackupBuddy, on the other hand, protects your website from hacks, server crashes, malware, self-mistakes like files deletion, errors, and bad commands.
In five easy steps, you can backup your WordPress website!
- Unlike other backup WordPress plugins, BackupBuddy promises to –
..backup your entire WordPress files along with database, schedule backups, store them off sites and restore them quickly.
- In the downloaded backup folder of BackupBuddy you get –
..post, pages, widgets, comments, users, WordPress settings, core files, media library, theme, plugins, categories, tags, custom post types, images, and videos.
BackupBuddy Stash Live –
A total game changer WordPress backup innovation by BackupBuddy. It has incredible features to secure your WordPress website data.
- Track real-time changes – keep track of changes and continuously pushes them to safe storage.
- Periodically captures Screenshot of your website – recording your site’s appearance on every moment.
- Off-site storage for backups – Securely stores your downloadable zip files to BackupBuddy Stash.
- ImportBuddy integration – performs fast and easy – Restore and Migration.
- Safe and Secure – Encrypts backup files and performs File level for Virus & Malware.
Apart from all the benefits, you get from BackupBuddy Stash Live! One thing that I love the most about the service is you get notified of every snapshot and backup activities right into your email!!
Wrapping up here –
I have seen many queries from users on social platforms who seek help to get their website data back! Be smart and backup your WordPress website frequently before the situation becomes stressful and expensive.
Share this post and help your friends secure their WordPress website today! 🙂