Chances are if you are a smartphone or desktop user you might have got a push notification!
Today, in this article I am going to show you how web push notifications work and we are going to take a peek behind the scene and will be discussing the benefits of implementing web push notifications on your website.
Table of Contents
What is a Push notification or Website Push Notifications or Browser Push Notifications?
Basically, Web push notifications are –
- Customized messages or alerts sent to your desktop or pop upon your mobile phone from a web browser.
- Notifies you about something or wants you to take action or say trying to get your attention for something.
- Have different styles like – Default or static where you click and lands to the desired page and Interactive or dynamic push allows a user to respond directly from the interface of the push without opening it like crucial questions or polls.
- Allows you to push different types of Content like – updates, promotional offers, new content on your blog site, deals and discounts on particular product or services.
How do Web Browser Push Notifications work?
First of all, push notifications tools have servers.
These servers are used to do the job like connecting all your subscribed user’s smartphones, tabs, and desktop system together to send important push messages at the right time.
So, if you want to get a push message from a particular website or app, you need to sign in or subscribe or opt in for the service to allow sending you pings on your device.
You can do so by just clicking on the Allow tab which pops up on top the browser bar of a website having a message saying – “TheMaverickSpirit website would like to send you to push notification.”
Top Benefits Of Using Web Push Notification Services For Your Blogging Platform
I’ll lead you with seven of my top benefits, the reasons I think your website or business should invest in push notification services –
1. Real Time Communication
They are fastly delivered, interactive and responsive. You could easily engage people with your website content whether there is a –
- New Product launch or
- you have released a new Post or Article,
- or maybe you want to create Polls.
- or may be there is an Important Update that you want to give your customers like – your website will be under maintenance for a specified time.
2. Prevent Churn + Increase Engagement
If any user hasn’t seen your blog posts or maybe they are visiting any other pages of your website and not the one which you wanted them too!!
Then there are chances that they are slipping out of your reach. Well, you could send an immediate push message to them and convey your message instantly.
3. Automate Marketing Efforts
When the visitor has subscribed to the push notification service, they will receive the information even when they are not browsing your website.
It’s an awesome real-time solution to widen your reach and engage with a large community of people without the need of their email ID.
4. Personalization, Segmentation + Scheduling
You can segment your subscribers based on their activity or interests to get more advantages or ROI.
- Segmentation can be done on the basis of Geographical location, interests, etc.
Schedule or send the message at the right time to increase chances of getting more clicks and visibility among other messages.
5. Perfect alternative to Email Marketing!
Compared to emails, push notifications have high visibility as they will pop up as soon as a user connects to the internet in his system or smart phone.
Delivered instantly and are easy to read!
Unlike email marketing, there is need to worry about whether your emails are going to land up in spam folders and went unread.
6. Cheaper and Effective Compared To Native Apps –
The main reason you build a native app is that you can send the instant notification to your users! Which would cost you high as you need to pay for the development as well as on maintenance!!
On the other side, push notifications are much better compared to the native apps as –
- People would show much interest to subscribe a service to get latest updates, instead of downloading an app.
7. High CTR
Push notifications drive more traffic to your website even without your user’s email ID, name or mobile number.
The user can easily unsubscribe to these notifications any point time, which many users prefer forehand before opting for such services.
Hope by now you might be got to know the importance of opting for a web browser push notification services!!
I prefer PushEngage notification tool to send out my messages. Apart from desktop based service, it has different browser extensions and a WordPress plugin too.
You can even go through my detailed description on how to use PushEngage browser push notification service.
Are you using any other web push notification platform? Let me know in the comments below. 🙂